Last Updated on September 7, 2011.
Information we collect
- In general. Our primary goals in collecting personally identifiable information are to provide you with the product and services made available through LastBash, to communicate with you and to manage your registered user account, if you have one.
- -Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our website or provide to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender and age, your location (such as zip code and/or country), and other demographic information, and we may ask you to complete a survey or send us a review.
- -Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from business partners, contractors, and other third parties and add it to our account information or other information we have collected. Examples of information that we may receive include: updated delivery and address information, purchase histories, and additional demographic information.
Anyone on a bash guest list may delete his or her name anytime by following the instructions in the email invitation sent through LastBash.
- -Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser when you visit LastBash. This information may include your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- -Cookies. When you visit LastBash, we may assign your computer one or more cookies to facilitate access to our site and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our site, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our site. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in or use some of the interactive features offered on our website.
- -Other Technologies. We may use standard Internet technology, such as web beacons and other similar technologies, to track your use of our site. We also may include web beacons in promotional or other email messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we obtain in this manner enables us to customize the services we offer our website visitors to deliver targeted advertisements and to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, programming, or other activities.
- -Information collected by third parties. We may allow third parties, including our authorized service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks, to display advertisements on our site. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Our website does not provide any personal information to these third parties. This information allows them to deliver targeted advertisements and gauge their effectiveness. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt-out of ad targeting from member companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
How we use the information we collect
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- -deliver invitations and/or other products and services that you have requested;
- -manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- -perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
- -communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- -develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites;
- -verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- -enforce our Terms of Service;
- -manage our business; and
- -perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Financial information. We may use financial information or payment method to process payments request and/or purchases made on LastBash, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on LastBash or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
- Authorized service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including, without limitation, hosting and maintenance, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We will share your personally identifiable information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services, and only pursuant to binding contractual obligations requiring such third parties to maintain the privacy and security of your data.
- Business partners. When you make purchases, reservations, or engage in promotions offered through website or our services, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you products, services, promotions, contests and/or sweepstakes. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
- Reservation partners. By making reservations on our website for hotels, or other services provided by third parties, including government entities, you consent to our providing your personal information and reservation information to these reservation partners. Sharing this information with our reservation partners allows them to contact you using the email address or other contact information you provided.
- Other situations. We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our website terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
How you can access your information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our website because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in contests, promotions, surveys, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our website.
While LastBash does not give you the opportunity to remove your information from our database, you may remove your registration information from your Account page as described below. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us or to discontinue use of our service. If you are a registered user, please log in and visit the Account page of the LastBash website and uncheck the box related to sending information to you via email or send us an email (including your email address) at email@example.com. If you are not a registered user, but are a recipient of a LastBash communication, you may request to delete your name by following the instructions on the communication. When you register on our website, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages about special offers. You may modify your choice at any time by clicking on Account link on the LastBash website and changing your preferences. You also will be given the opportunity in any commercial email that we send to you to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 14 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. We also allow users the option of changing information previously provided. This may be done through the following method: (i) visit LastBash and log in, (ii) click on the "Account" link, and (iii) change the relevant information. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications, will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
We take all reasonable steps to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. In particular, email sent to or from the Website may not be secure.
Blogs, Bulletin Boards and Reviews
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personally identifiable information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visiting Our Websites From Outside the United States
No Rights of Third Parties
How to Contact Us